Monday, October 1, 2012

Study time

new- at the top of the page I added a contact info page with my email address

Went for a coffee + study session at the Anchorage Cafe this evening. This week we are talking about personal and interpersonal relationships, conflict resolution, and spiritual gifts. All of us did a DISC personality profile before we came to the IOC, and we had a great discussion about those today. The teaching was very clear that the profiles are not a way to categorize people, but to help us recognize the strengths and gifts in each other's personalities and recognize that we problem solve differently. God loves variety in all His creation, personalities included.

It was a cool evening so I sat outside

We are reading the book "African Friends and Money Matters"

This book is opening my eyes to how African culture and values affect their view of life. I am thankful that Mercy Ships has us read this book- there are so many ways that westerners can come across as too blunt and impolite. African culture is very relationship focused, and this affects business, finances, friendships, etc.

A nice picture of the chimes next to my table...nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Anyway, learning lots and it's only Monday. Next week (week 4) is called "working with those we serve", and the following week is BST (basic safety training) then it's off to our Guinea field service on October 23!

 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Suzanne,

    So good to hear how God continues to prepare you for service to Him. I know that as you blog, we will learn a great deal as well...so thanks be to God for the trickle effect that is sure to happen!

    By the way,I love your random chimes pic...makes me feel like I am right there in the midst of your thoughts/activities!

    Love you. Miss you. Praying for you!
    Linda Schmitz

    ReplyDelete