Sunday, October 7, 2012

"the egg" and pie time.

I give you "the egg".....

It sprang up a couple days ago, one morning it was just there. It has been growing larger every day since. It lives right outside our dorm, and the joke has been that any time now something is going to hatch out of it.

The climate seems to be perfect for fungi right now- there are mushrooms all over in the grass. This one looks like a softball though. Rose and I went out to document it today:

It's been a cool weekend. It was 50 degrees today and I am soaking up the cool fall weather while I can. :)

We had spiced cider with our chili dinner today and it really felt like fall. This evening was pie time- Krystal is from Ontario and tomorrow is Canadian Thanksgiving. In celebration she baked pecan and pumpkin pies, and Nicole baked a GIANT apple pie. I tried all three (of course!).

It 's been a nice weekend. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment