Saturday, October 13, 2012

Creative outlet.

It's been another amazing week.

This week focused on worldview and working with those we serve- and after all the discussions I am thrilled all over again at the chance to work with Mercy Ships. I believe whole-heartedly in the model that is being used here to make lasting change.

This was one of my favorite exercises from this week- it was during the worldview section. Our speaker asked us to write on the board the words that come to mind when we think of "the Law".

And then we studied Psalm 119 to see what words David used to describe God's law...

It was a great reminder to keep a Biblical worldview of God's law- His word and instruction is not oppressive and legalistic, but freeing, preserving, good and precious!

 

On another note, I am realizing how important it is to me to have a creative outlet of some sort.

Here is Dangyra and her beautiful creativity:

"Dentist Dan" here is missing the delicate work of drilling and caring for teeth. She has taken to making these beautiful paper creations.

The wonderful bookmark she made for me!

I went on a walk yesterday and took some photos:

I miss photographing people- usually by now I am well into the fall season of portrait photography.

I took some self portraits, but holding my camera out with my arm doesn't have quite the same feel. I may need to coerce a teammate or two to let me photograph them. :)

These guys love to sit on the sidewalk at the IOC once the sun goes down...

I decided that I am going to work on sketching. I just ordered a sketchbook and some new pencils and pens, but here is something I worked on yesterday and this morning...

I like to draw from a photo like this one, but I want to work more on perspective and drawing what I see. I bought a book on kindle with some exercises in it, I'll let you know how it goes.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap that's a nice sketch. Didn't realize you were so artsy fartsy with your nice photos and sketches!

    We're praying for you.

    - Caleb

    ReplyDelete