Thursday, November 14, 2013

Ward Photos part 1

This outreach, I get this really cool extra job of "ward photographer"

We have an amazing communications team here on the ship- but it turns out they are not able to be everywhere at once, and there is lots happening around here! So, in order to help out capturing the moments that happen in the hospital, two nurses have permission to use their cameras at work- and I get to be one of them! So cool!

Anyway, I wanted to share some of my recent photos of nurses and patients. I love photography, and I'm so glad that it is part of my work here as well.

 

This is Melinda with one of our plastics patients. Melinda is the Orthopaedics ward nurse team leader as well- she's basically a rock star and I love working with her. :-)

Watch out for the boys on the red tricycles on deck 7- they will run over your feet and not even glance back. No one gets in the way of their one hour up on deck. :-)
And here's Princivi and his mom:

Thank you cards on the cabinet in D ward:
D ward has cute little people like this fellow, for cleft palate repairs....
Here's Nicky and the..umm...plastic surgery gang? :)
That's right. Mercy Ships- free surgery, hope and healing, and lessons in being a gangster.
Last one- here's one that a fellow nurse snapped of me and Jess:
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness! Such life. Such love! Such fun and spontaneity! Thanks for sharing a behind the scenes glimpse of life on the Africa Mercy, Suzanne!

    ReplyDelete