Saturday, November 9, 2013

One year ago today...

One year ago today I embarked on this white floating home of mine!

This time last year I had just finished the field service portion of the gateway program, and headed to the ship along with 11 other new crew.

One year later I am finding my way around much better- all those hallways that looked exactly the same now feel like part of home. Although, yesterday I still did try to "push" on the "pull" doorways heading inside from the gangway. There always seems to be someone waiting behind me when I do that, too. :-)

Following the Lord is an adventure I wouldn't miss out on, no matter where in the world it leads me, and I am thankful that for this season of life He has led me here!

This verse is the one I put on my support letters, sent March 2012, and it has been a theme of the last months. God has done more for me than I ever asked or imagined- I have been stretched and challenged, heartbroken, and also abundantly blessed and forever changed.

And just like this verse says, it is my prayer that God would get the glory for any good thing that comes of my service here. All the real healing and lasting change- it's all because of His love.

 

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.


Ephesians 3:20-21










1 comment:

  1. One year already! Suzanne, thanks for inviting us along on this amazing journey. It is encouraging to my faith to see how God is moving in your life. I wish we could visit this ship someday. Our prayers are with you, Nancy (and Lou)

    ReplyDelete