Sunday, November 24, 2013

how I look to my patients...

I have a special treat today...well, I think it's pretty funny anyway. For the past few weeks, whenever I think of it, I have been working on this series of pictures. First I flip over my assignments paper for the day and draw a quick stick person version of one of my patients. Then I leave them with the clipboard and ask if they want to draw me, and I come back later to see how I look. So here are the results:

Here's the first one, drawn by one of the most silly teenage boys I've taken care of. You can call him by his real name, but he'll quickly correct you. He prefers to be called Michael Jackson. Anyway, here's "Michael's" version of me:

I think I'm looking a little Chinese or something. Not sure what's happening with my hair, but I was wearing a headband that day which you can see a little bit. :)

Number two is from Mbouanzi, around 8 years old:

 
Since I drew Danielle with her walker, she must have decided I needed one as well:
 

Now, I'm not sure how this next one happened, but somehow Ravette thinks I am a princess. I promise I wasn't wearing a ball gown at work that day. Ravette is always ready with a smile, even when she's not sleeping well on night shift- she's still beaming at everyone at 2 in the morning. She has a joy that is contagious.

 

And last in the series for now, here's me and Lisia:

I had so much fun collecting these- I think there will be more posts like this. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment