Saturday, September 29, 2012

Gateway school

Another week of classes for Gateway school...this week was called Faith Foundations. Some of the discussions that will really stick with me involved relationship building and prayer- both very important living aboard a ship!

Classes take place in the International Lounge- flags from around the world hang from the ceiling...

During classtime...

The days are long. This picture was taken in the afternoon and everyone's eyes are starting to glaze over.

:)

The living room area of our dorm...
Having coffee...

I have been doing well, this week was more tiring than last week was. So much sitting and taking notes thoughout the day, but I am learning lots! We are starting to fall into a routine here- getting to know each other more. Some people like very black coffee, others not so much. The routine is to make it really dark and those who want it lighter can add water to their mug. We know which of us always wants a hug and who likes their personal space. :) Nicole is great at telling stories, and we have already asked her to tell about the mannequin hitting her head at the school dance at least 3 or 4 times. Yfke loves the color pink, Maryke says it's hotter here in Texas than at home in South Africa, Erin is always ready to pray together, and Krissy loves almost any baked good. :)

Many of my friends here love to run for exercise. I don't really like to run if I can help it, but there is a pretty good wall of mirrors in the gym. I have my dance shoes with me, so most evenings I have been doing some stretching and getting my exercise through dance. I am going to enjoy the big empty gym space and wall of mirrors while I can.

I miss my family already- and this week I especially missed Jonathan and Levi. I did skype my family a couple days ago, Jonathan told me about bringing his T-ball trophy for show and tell at preschool, and I got to see Levi's wonderful smile. To the rest of my family- don't get offended :) I miss you lots too, but the 2 and 4 year old can't text, email or talk on the phone like I get to with you. ;)

Thanks to everyone who's reading this- I know I am being prayed for! Thank you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment