Thursday, September 13, 2012

...and 5 months later she updates the blog

I am leaving for Texas tomorrow morning!

I really was planning to update this blog over the summer...haha.  I am back now though.

Tomorrow I am flying to Texas to begin my training with Mercy Ships at their International Operations Center in Lindale.  I will be spending 5 weeks there with 14 other new Mercy Ships volunteers studying and preparing for service.

Here is a really quick summary of what I been doing the last 5 months:

-I graduated college and took my NCLEX exam.  I am officially Suzanne Scheumann, RN, BSN


- I finished the year as a dance teacher.  This was my 10th year as a dancer and my 6th on staff.  
The program this year celebrated our relationship with our Heavenly Father and our adoption into His family.  RTG dancers- I will miss all of you so much!  Have a great year praising the Lord with dance!


-I worked as a nurse for a local eye surgeon.

 How I happened to come by this job is a long story, but here is the short version:  I have been signed up to volunteer as an RN on the Eye Team for Mercy Ships since March.  I graduated college expecting to do what I could to earn money over the summer, but not as an RN.  Really, who wants to hire an RN for 3 months before she leaves for Africa?  

In May I went out for coffee with a friend and her sister, who had just come back from serving with Mercy Ships this spring.  It was such a blessing to talk with both of them about being a nurse with Mercy Ships, and through another friend of theirs I found out about an open position for a temporary RN.  They wanted a temporary nurse, only for this summer to work with cataracts patients!  I applied and got the job, and have spent the summer working as an eye nurse.  (a very special thank you to Tallie, Beth, and Erin for that fateful coffee date!)

- I went on a road trip with friends!  

- My cousin Katie got married!  I was a bridesmaid and the little boys were ring bearers.  Congrats to Matt and Katie!
- I spent lots of time with my family, who I will miss so much



that is the last 5 months in a nutshell.  more posts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment