Thursday, October 10, 2013

Meet Vernel

This cute kiddo was recently with us for cleft lip and palate surgery, and I wanted to share some photos of his time here-

Before:

 

 

And after!

 

Whenever I discharge one of our patients, I wonder what will happen when they go back home. I wish I could watch each one of them greet their family and friends, and see the reactions to their finished operation! Every once in awhile, a group heads off in a mercy ships land rover to do just that, and in Vernel's case the communications team followed him home to finish recording his story:

 

From the Mercy Ships Facebook Page:

Vernel returned home last week after having surgery to repair his cleft lip on the Africa Mercy. Upon seeing his nephew, Mestramaille picked up Vernel and danced around laughing with joy. “Oh Vernel, Vernel, you became handsome! It makes me happy, I did not think he could be like this. Yes, thanks Mercy Ships, thank you for your work.” Thanks to each and every one of YOU who supports Mercy Ships to make joyful homecomings like this possible.

Vernel and his uncle:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment