Sunday, December 16, 2012

Little one, welcome home

One year ago, on December 16, my littlest brother came home.

For today, my heart is on the other side of the planet with my family.

 

Levi,

You are so loved!

You have been loved since before we met you. Even before we saw your photo and knew your name we were waiting for you.

You are so brave. Your whole life changed last year- you came to a new country, learned a new language, let us love you and loved us back. This first year together went so quickly!

The first day mom and dad met you in China, I stayed up until after 2:00 am to see you on Skype. You were busy trying to push the buttons on the computer, but I saw you smile for the first time. I remember I asked mom and dad if you were bigger or smaller than you seemed in your picture. They told me they weren't sure, because you came to them bundled in so many layers of clothes. They kept you very warm!

Finally we saw you in person at the airport. You were so sleepy, you just wanted Dad to hold and not look at any of the new people surrounding you, but you did let Jonathan give you a hug.

 

 

Last Christmas was so special. I wonder if you will always remember something about coming home at Christmas time, with the lights and decorations.

Everything was new for you when you came home. Your file said that you were afraid of dogs. It was very true, you cried and ran the first time you saw Toby. But then you were curious. You would go tug open the back door and peek into the garage. When you saw the dog you would cry and slam the door. But then you would want to open it again, and somewhere in that game you and Toby became friends. Now, feeding the dog is one of your favorite things to do.

It didn't take you long at all to start following Jonathan's every move- I can't wait to hear about all the adventures the two of you have together.
 
 
 

I miss you Levi. I miss you and Jonathan and Jenna and Mark. You are a Scheumann now, and I am so glad you are home!

Love,

Suzanne

 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks Caleb! I think so too, but I'm a little biased.
      thanks for the blog comments- it is very encouraging!
      Suzanne

      Delete