Sunday, February 3, 2013

sunday morning in Conakry

Rose and I visited a friend's church today, and I took a few photos (with permission from a church member) so I could share a bit if what church is like here in Guinea:

There is lots of dancing!



There are small ones to be held...

All the ladies dress in bright colors...
And here is another friend who is a day worker on B Ward- she has a daughter who is also named Suzanne, so whenever we see each other she says "Suzanne, my daughter my daughter, how are you today?" and then I do the same for my "mother". I sat right behind 12 year old Suzanne during the service.

The members of Blessed People church sang a song to welcome us, and continued singing until every church member had come to shake hands with each visitor, here are the lyrics:




You are welcome in the name of the Lord

You are welcome in the name of the Lord

I can see in you the glory of the Lord

You are welcome in the name of the Lord

And at the heart of the service is the same Word of God. Worshipping alongside God's people here in Guinea has certainly blessed me!



















No comments:

Post a Comment