Thursday, March 22, 2012

Post number one.


Hi everyone!  This is the blog address where I will be posting updates.  I have promised to keep in contact on this journey, and decided that a blog would be a good way.  :)

I am thrilled and blessed to have the opportunity to serve with Mercy Ships beginning this fall.  I will be working as a nurse on the Ophthalmic Team, and will live and work aboard the MV Africa Mercy! 


The Africa Mercy is world's largest non-governmental hospital ship.  It has a 78 bed hospital with six operating rooms.  Everyone who serves on the Africa Mercy is a volunteer-  volunteers come from all over the world and serve anywhere from a few weeks to living on the ship long term.  I have committed to serve for two years beginning this fall.

If you are not familiar with Mercy Ships, go check out their web page!  www.mercyships.org


For the next months I will be focusing on finishing school (graduating from IPFW in May!) and getting started on fundraising.   I will add another post soon that answers some of the questions I have been asked a lot lately. 

Many blessings!
Suzanne


The LORD is my strength and my shield;
   my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
   and with my song I praise him.
Psalm 28:7

2 comments: